Do you like this exercise? Share it!
Adjectives to describe cultural aspects - Quiz
Choose the correct answer to complete the statements.
- In Japan, people greet each other by bowing. Age matters, so greet the _____ people first.
- Italy has two main dishes, pasta and, of course, pizza. Both are _____ all over the world.
- Origami is an old _____ tradition.
- During Day of the Dead festivities, people drink a mix of _____ chocolate, cinnamon, brown sugar and corn masa called atole.
- For western cultures, noisily consuming food is considered _____. However in Japan, making slurping sounds when eating noodles is a way of indicating that you're really enjoying them.
- In Ecuador, it is _____ that two male family members greet with a kiss, especially between father and son.
- A very old Greek tradition in weddings is to spit on the happy couple. This culture practice is a kind of _____ luck that it used to protect them from any evil spirits on their big day.
- In U.S., the tipping culture is considered as an incentive for waiters and waitresses to provide _____ service.
- In Nicaragua, it is _____ to point with the lips instead of the thumb or index finger like the majority of the world.
- It's incredible, but in Indonesia, it is ______ the tradition of polygamy (the practice of one man taking multiple wives).