Student Learning Activities at Home
Classify a list of problems into five categories (personal, familiar, school, society and environmental).
1. My classmates bother me.
2. Coronavirus kills more than 200 people in a single day.
3. My sister broke up with her boyfriend.
4. Each year, 300,000 distracted drivers are involved in serious crashes.
5. There is a rat infestation in the local market.
6. I never thought I would become addicted, and now I’ve lost all my money.
7. Over 4 of 10 teenage girls get pregnant once before the age of 20.
8. I won’t eat. I want to look like a celebrity.
9. The teacher calls me dumb.
10. My parents physically hurt each other.
USE OF LANGUAGE
Choose the correct answer.
1. “I’m worried about...” expresses:
a) serenity b) concern
2. “I was shocked” is used to express:
a) happiness b) surprise
3. “I’m very glad” expresses:
a) joy b) fear
4. “The rats carry and spread diseases.”. The word “and” is used:
a) to contrast ideas. b) to link ideas