Listen and read along
"The United States v. Jackie Robinson"
Reading comprehension online exercise
Add to Google Classroom to Share with Students as an Assignment
Do you like this exercise? Share it!
Choose the correct answer.
- Which of the following sport didn't Jackie Robinson play at University of California Los Angeles?
- What of the following describes Robinson early in life?
- He wasn't always interested in sports.
- He didn't begin to succed in sports until college.
- He was successful in many sports from the beginning.
- What major league baseball team did Robinson play for?
- Brooklyn Dodgers.
- The Monarchs.
- Montreal Royals.
- Why does the author include information about Robinson being called names?
- To show how jealous other people were of how good Robinson was.
- To show how racism affected black people.
- The show why Robinson was popular with all the fans but not other players.
- What's the author's purpose in the text?
- To persuade readers to fight for their rights.
- To explain the racial climate of the 1940s.
- To describe the feelings of a black American.