Singular (Verb + s)
- The liver filters toxins from the blood.
- It pumps the blood to the different parts of the body.
- The lungs provide oxygen to all body’s cell.
- They protect the lungs.
- The lungs have millions of alveoli.
- The phalanges give movement of the fingers and toes.
The spelling for the verb in the third person singular differs depending on the ending of the verb. Most of the verb always end in –s.
There are however some special cases. Here are the spelling rules:
There are 3 irregular verbs form:
Verbs ending in:
vowel + “y”
Verbs ending in: “-y”
Change “-y” for “-ies”
Verbs ending in: “s”, “z”, “sh”, “tch”and “ch”, “x”
have = has
go = goes
do = does
play – plays
relay - relays
carry - carries
detoxify - detoxifies
process – processes
relax – relaxes
wash - washes
Verb + (s /es/ies)
- The heart has 4 chambers.
- The stomach digests the food.
- The liver detoxifies the blood.
- It processes the food.
- A nerve carries signals from the body.
Use the correct form of the verb.
- The heart ____ (pump) blood through the body.
- The stomach ____ (process) the food.
- The teeth ____ (chew) the food.
- The liver ____ (detoxify) the blood.
- The small intestine ____ (absorb) the nutrients from the food.
- Food ____ (travel) through the esophagus and into the stomach.
- The lungs ____ (send) oxygen-rich blood to the left side of the heart.
- The nose and the nasal cavity ____ (inhale) and ____ (filter) air entering the body.
- The ribs ____ (protect) the lungs.
- inhale & filter