Test your knowledge of the human body by answering these questions.
- How many body systems do humans have?
11 (Circulatory, Digestive, Endocrine, Integumentary/Exocrine, Lymphatic/Immune, Muscular, Nervous, Renal/Urinary/Excretory, Reproductive, Respiratory and Skeletal).
- What is the human body’s largest organ?
The skin (8 pounds/3.6 kilograms and 22 square feet/2 square meters).
- What is the heaviest internal organ in the human body?
The liver (3.5 pounds / 1.6 kilograms).
- Which is the longest bone in the human body?
- Which lung is larger?
- What part of the body has a hammer?
- Where in the body are new blood cells made?
- How many teeth are there in the human body in adult life?
- What are teeth made of?
Dentine and enamel.
- What is the weight of heart in an average human being?
11 ounces (300 grams).
- How much blood is in the human body?
1.2 to 1.5 gallons (4.5 to 5.5 liters).
- How many times does an average heart beat in a minute?
60 to 100 times.
- How much blood does the heart pump?
2000 gallons per day (7600 liters).
- How many chambers does the human heart use to pump blood?
- Which human blood type is known as the "universal donor"?
O – (negative)
- How many vertebrae are there in the human body?
- Which bone is the hardest bone in the human body?
- Where are the majority of the body's bones located?
Hands and feet.
- How much time does the digestive process take?
6 to 8 hours.
- What is the duration of digestion in the small intestine in the human body?
- How long is an adult’s small intestine?
22 feet (6.7 meters).
- What is the maximum capacity for the stomach of an average human?
3 to 4 liters.
- What is the volume of the brain of an average human being?
1500 cubic centimeter.
- How many neurons are in the brain?
- How many types of muscles are there in the human body?
3 (cardiac, skeletal, smooth).
- How many layers does the integumentary system have?
3 (epidermis, dermis and hypodermis).
- What percentage of the human body is water?
- How many taste buds are in the human tongue?
- How many different functions does the liver perform?
More than 500 vital functions.
- How many times does the average human breathe in 24 hours?
What to read next